Sunday, April 29, 2007

"ฉันคิดถึงคุณ"

Chan kid tung kun

At the beginning it was all uncertain as we were getting to know each other: I was mesmerised by you, you were curious about me.
You were completely new to me, I had never experienced colours, smells and flavours like yours. It was mind-blowing.

Then, as the excessive heat and humidity, the pollution, the noise, the stray dogs, the lack of hygiene, the difficulties with the language and the culture shock started to get to me it turned into a love-hate relationship.
Those were difficult times. I was over-worked, tired, stressed out. I felt so lonely among your people that I wanted to run away, I hated you.

Nevertheless, with time I learned how to love you, respect and understand your people and customs. But it was too late as it was time to go back.

Now I miss you and your flavours; people and colours are nothing but a memory. Every day, every minute, I think about being with you again.

Maybe one day.

No comments: