Saturday, April 21, 2007

Knut, the Polar Bear Cub

Oh, I love animals. Especially cuddly, fluffy, harmless baby animals. One cannot help but love them and want to protect them. Why would somebody want to kill such a gorgeous gift from mother nature?

I cannot comprehend it. Knut has received a death threat from the same people who call themselves animal rights activists.

I remember how shocked I was when I saw images on TV of those very people throwing stones at horses in order to prevent a fox hunt. The horses were bleeding, the dogs were distressed. I couldn't make much sense of it. Could you? Can you? Animal rights activists? How can they call themselves such when to make their point they hurt other animals?

And what about all that sick business of digging up the body of the Darley Oak Farm owner's grandmother and using it to blackmail the family?
Am I getting it wrong or have they completely lost the plot? What are they seeking? Who or what are they protecting?

Help me, I'm confused. I love animals and I stand by them and will always love them and protect them in my own way. I would never join a bunch of sickos like those.

No comments: