Monday, May 14, 2007

Art Therapy

It's been so long since I last went to a museum and/or opera that I have almost forgotten what it feels or looks like; I wish I could travel more and do it more often.

However, there is a solution: when I feel the urge to feed my soul, I put some beautiful music on (Bach, Haydn, Schubert, Albinoni, Italian operas, Eunaudi), log on and explore some of the most amazing museums.

Although virtual, these trips are delightful treats. I indulge myself and get lost in mazes of different styles, subjects, senses, colours, shapes, places, people, eras. Sheer beauty.

Here are some of my favourites if you'd like to share the pleasure:
For a longer list, go to World's Best Museums.


photo: Peaceful, NaturesPixels

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

All great places, I agree. To shake off the dust in my head (blown there by passively closed-minded individuals), I read the interviews at http://www.illustrationfriday.com/interviews_p.php, or view the concerts of my favorite composers (Bach, and the like), as well as dance performances at YouTube. I luckily found your blog by the link in the "interests" part of my blogger profile. I'll give a link to you on my page. :)