Saturday, June 09, 2007

God is GREAT


Okay, I'm not an ace at it (as most women's, my spacial awareness is crap) but ever since I bought God of War II I have been spending more time than I would like to on my PS2.
It's great, really. I had got into other games before but not as much; I can actually PLAY this one. I mean, it's possible even for a mere woman like me.
What makes it such a fantastic game? Well, the graphics are amazing, the Greek Mythology background feeds my imagination -I was thrilled to fight the Medusa face to face, ride Pegasus and acquire Icarus' wings -even if that meant killing him. It's challenging, daring, addictive.

I admit it's a bit violent -there's blood everywhere and Kratos (in Greek Mythology, Cratos) is slaughter personified: a merciless, ruthless savage warrior -much more so than Ares ever was, but this makes the game even more exciting.

Even better, if I get stuck I can check the web for tips and cheats or ask my husband who is, obviously, quite a few hours and stages ahead of me -if he is patient enough.

No comments: